LED grow lights are the latest invention in the horticulture industry that considerably helps in stimulating plant growth and increasing crop yield.
The market offers plenty of LED grow light brands with different features and claims.
A better understanding of the product’s features and benefits will help you decide which of these brands suit your purpose.
This California Lightworks Solar Storm Led review offers a comprehensive assessment to help you make a wise decision.
The California Lightworks SolarStorm 440 W LED Grow Light with UVB is a dynamic and cutting edge product that uses 88 5-watt LED bulbs.
It is capable of generating 440 watts yet uses only a small amount of power. It is created with an exceptional UVB mode that helps in photosynthesis and in increasing the growth capability of plants in grow rooms and greenhouses.
Features of the California Lightworks Solar Storm
The features of a product tell so much about its efficiency. Thus, every customer should review this aspect carefully. Following are the features of the SolarStorm 440W.
- New Super High Flux 5W LED Diodes. This feature allows the SolarStorm 440W to provide a more stable spectrum needed to grow taller plants.
- 88 x 5W High-quality LED Emitters. This grow light is fitted with 88 x 5W high-quality LEDs that provides adequate UV needed to grow healthier and stronger plants.
- Built-in T8 Fluorescent lights for UVB. This unique additional feature is essential to augment higher crop potency. The UVB bulbs are usually switched on during the last few weeks of the growth cycle to increase the effectiveness of the final harvest.
- Switchable Color Spectrum. The California Lightworks SolarStorm 440W grow light features a color spectrum with vegetable and bloom options. You select which option is needed in the growth phase of your plants for excellent quality produce.
Benefits of the California Lightworks SolarStorm 440W Grow Light
If your plants are in a greenhouse or a grow room, you need to ensure that they receive appropriate and adequate light quality and brightness so they will grow, thrive and be healthy.
It is also essential that the heat output of the light is regulated. If the best plant processes are happening, then you are assured of getting the highest produce from your plants.
Horticulturists use LED grow lights to ensure that the greenhouse or grow room has the sufficient quality and brightness of light.
Compared to incandescent lights, LED grow lights provide the appropriate degree and the quality of light needed in greenhouses and grow rooms.
This California Lightworks SolarStorm 440W review discusses the benefits in using this product.
- It is energy efficient. The California Lightworks SolarStorm offers you 40 – 50% energy savings compared to the standard lighting systems.
- It has high photo-synthetic photon flux (PPF). This grow light infiltrates the canopy so plants will deliver exceptional yield results.
- It stimulates verdant vegetative growth. You can expect your plants to be healthy and abundant.
- It has vegetable and bloom modes. The vegetable mode saves you on power while the bloom mode gives your plants maximum intensity for the best yield.
- It further increases the final quality produce. The California Lightworks SolarStorm promotes crop potency during the last growth phase for quality produce.
- It is more long-lasting. This product lasts up to ten times like compact fluorescent lamps and is incredibly longer than incandescent lights. The initial investment may be higher, but it does not require quick replacement so you save more.
- It has a consistent, 3 x 3 feet core coverage area. This means that no light is wasted.
- It has a broad, adjustable color spectrum.
- It is energy efficient.
- It is excellently constructed using high-quality materials.
- It is space-saving.
- It is quite expensive.
Who Should Use this Product?
The California SolarStorm 4440W is recommended for those who own a home-grown or medium-sized plant operation.
It can also be used on light movers to attain optimal results while covering a bigger area. This grow light is perfect for smaller indoor plants that do not need a higher light wattage.
Tips on Using the California Lightworks SolarStorm 440W
Position the California SolarStorm 440W 60 to 90 cm away from the plants. Keep the light on for over 18 hours because plants require less lighting during the vegetative phase.
Then, switch off the light and let the plants stay in the dark for another six days. Repeat this cycle for a period of four to six weeks to prepare for the flowering phase.
Once the pre-flowers appear, change the lighting cycle to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of continuous darkness.
This hour of lighting exposure imitates the photoperiod during summer. It is during this phase that you will obtain the benefits of SolarStorm 440W.
Position the SolarStorm 440W roughly 40 to 50 cm away from the plants. Expose the plants to LED lights for 12 hours and 12 hours of continuous darkness. This will encourage flowering in two weeks or less.
Use the California Solar Storm 440W when cloning plants, as this will increase the number of your plants in an eco-friendly and methodical manner.
Cloning needs two to three weeks in the vegetative phase. Follow an 18- to 20-hour lighting for your cloned plants and ensure to drizzle them with water every now and then.
Put the lights at a hanging distance while the plants are seedlings and adjust the light a few inches higher at a time as they start to grow.
Putting the California LIghtworks SolarStorm 440W nearer than 25 cm from the plants will cause whitening or bleaching
Follow the above tips from this California Lightworks review to achieve excellent results.
The California Lightworks Solar Storm is an excellent choice, particularly for small to medium-sized plant growers, who want to enhance the growth of their plants and to attain an abundant produce.
The quality and the bountiful harvests are good enough reasons to purchase this product.